Covid-19 Health & Safety
Covid-19 Health & Safety
RUSTY GATE READY FOR COVID-19 COMPLIANT GUEST SAFETY
The Tourism Business Council of South Africa (TBCSA) is a non-profit umbrella organisation representing businesses in the tourism and travel sector, and is instrumental in liaising with Government regarding interpretation and correct implementation by business in the tourism sector of COVID-19 regulations. With their guidance and assistance many businesses in the tourism sector has been hard at work during the lockdown period to be ready for guests when lockdown regulations are sufficiently relaxed.
We are proud to confirm that Rusty Gate Mountain Retreat is open and ready to receive and host guests subject effective COVID-19 Regulations as amended by the Government from time to time. We are fully compliant with COVID-19 regulations and TBCSA recommendations as applicable for self-catering accommodation establishments. The Industry Safety Protocols, as prescribed by TBCSA, is now part and parcel of our daily operations and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy environment for our guests and personnel. If you are unsure if you may legally stay at Rusty Gate please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will gladly advise and confirm.
Assurance of our commitment to guest and personnel safety is confirmed by the Nightsbridge SafeStays endorsement of Rusty Gate Mountain Retreat.
WHAT WE DO TO KEEP YOU SAFE
The health and wellbeing of Rusty Gate guests and personnel is of utmost importance. The following measures are in place to ensure that we keep each other safe and also comply with the COVID-19 Regulations and industry protocols as set out by the Government and the TBCSA.
Cleaning and Sanitation
- All facilities are thoroughly cleaned, sanitised and disinfected on a regular basis.
- Appropriate disinfectants are used.
- Sanitiser (with minimum of 70% alcohol content) is available throughout the property for use by staff and guests.
- All guest laundry (linen, towels, etc.) is washed at a temperature of at least 60°C, and clean and used laundry handled separately.
Room Cleaning Measures
- All rooms are ventilated during cleaning and prior to guest arrivals.
- All surfaces and items exposed to regular touching are disinfected prior to guest arrival.
- Linen and towels provided in guest accommodation is handled and cleaned according to prescribed regulations, e.g. used linen and towels are bagged in the room before transporting to the laundry.
Minimising Personal Interaction
- Guest facilities are stocked with sufficient amenities (e.g. firewood, firelighters, cleaning materials, toilet paper, etc.) prior to guests arrival.
- Guest accommodation is ready and accessible on arrival (no on-site check-in required).
- Social distancing is enforced between guests and personnel.
Our Team is Trained and Protected
- Training is provided on required hygiene and social distancing practices, and practiced by all employees.
- Prescribed PPE is provided to all employees to ensure their safety while executing their tasks.
- All employees are screened daily for any COVID-19 symptoms.
- COVID-19 Action Plan and Designated Person is in place to respond immediately if any guests or personnel display COVID-19 symptoms
- Important information is communicated to guests (via e-mail) prior to arrival.
- Guests are required to complete and submit a COVID-19 Health Questionnaire prior to arrival.
- COVID-19 Information posters and signs are visible in guest accommodation and common areas for guests and personnel.
- Check-in and check-out will be done without contact as far as possible.
- Cash handling will be kept to a minimum as far as possible.
COVID-19 SAFETY CHECKLIST
We have implemented protocols and measures to ensure the health and wellbeing of guests and personnel. However, we are ALL in this together and every person is responsible for their safe and responsible conduct out of respect for the wellbeing of other guests and personnel at Rusty Gate Mountain Retreat.
To help keep yourself and everyone comfortable and protected during your stay with us please ensure that you have read and understand the following checklist before you arrive at Rusty Gate Mountain Retreat.
- Go directly to your booked accommodation which will be open and accessible from 15:00 on your arrival date.
- Familiarise yourself and other guests in your party with COVID-19 information as displayed in cottages and communal areas.
- Please bring your own face masks and sanitiser.
- Wear your face mask in public spaces and during group gatherings.
- Maintain a safe distance from other guests and staff members at all times.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap or sanitiser.
- Regularly disinfect communal and/or work areas shared with other guests.
- Immediately inform Rusty Gate if you or another guest show COVID-19 related symptoms.
We look forward to your stay with us.
EMERGENCY CONTACT DETAILS
Rusty Gate Mountain Retreat (Pty) Ltd, its owners and personnel will not be liable (or held responsible) for any damages, loss or injury that results from the use of facilities at Rusty Gate. Facilities used and entering the premises by all guests (staying over or day visitors) is at own risk.